Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sometimes you just need a hug.


Dear Lincoln,


You and I had a rough day today.  You've been grumpy and not sleeping well, which means I've been not sleeping well and grumpy.  After dinner, during a diaper change and pajama time, you started sobbing for no reason.  It was loud and forceful, like the colic days, and your father and I had to raise our voices to hear each other over your wailing.  We tried everything we could think of to soothe you, until finally I picked you up and stood you on the changing table.  You immediately put your head on my shoulder and stopped crying.  It was the sweetest silence I've ever heard.  We stood there hugging and Dad went to get the camera.  Of course, you smiled- you little ham.  It's moments like these that can erase even the worst of days.  I love being your mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment